President Biden is producing results for Tennessee families in these areas:
The Build Back Better Act passed by the House on November 19, 2021 (and currently being debated in the Senate) includes the following:
- Universal preschool for 3- and 4- year olds.
- A cap on the cost of childcare for working and middle class families.
- Four weeks of paid family and medical leave.
- Affordable housing and rental assistance programs.
- Expanding Medicare to include hearing aids and rehabilitation services.
- Limiting the cost of prescription drugs by allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices and capping the cost of insulin.
- Extending the $300-per-child monthly Child Tax Credit through 2022.
- Expanding access to Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) subsidies, and extending the Premium Tax Credit previously passed as part of the American Rescue Plan, to help families left behind by the Tennessee GOP’s refusal to expand Tenncare (source) (source).
The bill is based on President Biden’s Build Back Better vision.